
Hi all. The internet is fixed here in the hostel now. ´Today i hope to get to Belem to taste that custard tart. It is also he home of many historical sites including a special castle. i m going to see the place where Vasco De Garma set sail to find a spice route to India. He is the big hero here. Many other things to see at Belem. i am sorry about the lack of photos, but there is no connection here to put the camera in. I hope to be able to do all that when i am staying with couchsurfing amigos. Just some more observations :
i have fiinally tried the national dish "Bachalou". this is dried cod in different sauces. It was very nice.
I cant believe how cheap things are here, especially food. And the service is amazing.
It is so true what they say about the driving here - I have never seen anything like it. Very scary. I am definatly going to stay with public transport.
There is always some form of entertainment on the trains into lisbon. yesterday there was a piano accordian player and a guy playing tamborine. Then they come throught the train and take offerings. the people here are very generous to these people and so i have been too. It true what is said about the poor people being the generous ones. There are also many beggars, but i have seen all this before. a blind man came through the train yesterday singing - good voice hehe. Time to go everyone. Love to all. Abraco. Tony
i have fiinally tried the national dish "Bachalou". this is dried cod in different sauces. It was very nice.
I cant believe how cheap things are here, especially food. And the service is amazing.
It is so true what they say about the driving here - I have never seen anything like it. Very scary. I am definatly going to stay with public transport.
There is always some form of entertainment on the trains into lisbon. yesterday there was a piano accordian player and a guy playing tamborine. Then they come throught the train and take offerings. the people here are very generous to these people and so i have been too. It true what is said about the poor people being the generous ones. There are also many beggars, but i have seen all this before. a blind man came through the train yesterday singing - good voice hehe. Time to go everyone. Love to all. Abraco. Tony
1 comment:
Hi Tony
Train ride sounds interesting. Did you take your Harmonica with you so you could join the musical celebrations? J
Post a Comment