Welcome

Hi everyone. Well here we go. As you all know - this has been my dream holiday for a long time now. I hope you enjoy this trip as well. I hope to see the "real" Portugal and share this with you all.

I will try to update you regularly on where I am and what I have seen. I will also give you a brief history of places I see. I am also going to try to speak Portuguese as much as possible. Mas só falo um pouco de português.


I am on a mission to discover the essence of Portugal. Portugal's history - both glorious and sometimes not so glorious - has fascinated me for years. I hope you find this trip informative and fun.


Just a short note to acknowledge that this trip is a result of the passing of my mother, and she will be remembered throughout this adventure.

My first stop is Lisbon (Lisboa).

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 9


Hi
Still wet aand windy, but I heard that it is not the same everywhere. I leave tomorrow for Evora, which is a medieval town that is surrounded by a wall used to protect the city from intruders. There are many things to see there including a small chapel made from human bones and skulls. They werre found during an archialogical dig and the chapel is more of a memorial to them.

I went back to Belem today and took the camcorder to film more of the monestary. When i got there, the cultural centre was surrounded by police, emergency and all kinds of uniforms parading around. There was a car on the foot of the cultural centre which seemed to be blown up. I though here we go - caught in the middle of a terrorist act, but turned out to be a simulation.

Going to my favourite restaurant again soon to say goodbye to them all. They shouted me drinks last night and make a big fuss when i go there. I think this is more due to my efforts of learning the language. I was told this would happen and has worked for me many times.

Will send my next post afterr arriving in evora

Could someone tell me how to reply to individual posts sent to me? I cant seem to see how to do it.

Love to all. Antonio (lol)

1 comment:

Libraries, but we don't have the money! said...

Hi, I'm glad things are coming together, it sounds as if you're having a lovely time. If you want to reply to comments, as far as I know, you have two options- 1 post a comment, which means that everyone can read it, or 2 ask people to tick the box to that says "Email follow-up comments to blah",then all they need to do is check their email. Are we going to get a picture of on your blog soon. I'd love to see a castle.

Bye for now,
Carolyn