
Hi all
I took this shot the last night in Evora.
Well I finally got out of Lisbon. I am in Evora and overwhelmed by it all.
Well I finally got out of Lisbon. I am in Evora and overwhelmed by it all.
Could everyone do me a favour and do an image search on any search engine and type in evora. You wouldn't believe the things I have seen. I have just left the chapel of bones, which is a monument made of human bones found on a dig here. Pretty spooky.
There are so many churches and chapels here I am a bit over it. I have a map of the town and am finding my way around. The whole town is encircled by a Roman wall. There is also a Roman Aquaduct as well. But the most amazing thing I have done here is see the remains of a Roman Temple with it's pillarsreaching to the sky. I have taken many pics but the bad news is my digital camera seems to have packed it in. I am filming everything now with the camcorder. The main cathedral here I was not allowed to film.
My next stop is Castelo Branco (see map below). Going to be there two nights. My hostel here in Evora is so beautiful that I had to get it all on film. It was a famous house owned by generations of the same family and when it was being built the owner had in the main entrance a roman pillar put there. It is now protected, and very beautiful. Another bonus is that I am allowed to smoke in this one.
As I left Lisbon I noticed that there was a cyclone in a town I am going to. It will one of the last ones i see (the bullfighting town). I hope they get all that shit cleaned up before I get there. My last night in Lisbon was very scary. It was like the cyclone was right on top of me. I don't think I have ever heard or seen wind like it. The bus trip to Evora was nice as well. Lots of white houses scattered everywhere. Went to the Evora public library also today. Very nice.
Will post a message when i getto Portalegre.
hope you are all well. Love Tony
My next stop is Castelo Branco (see map below). Going to be there two nights. My hostel here in Evora is so beautiful that I had to get it all on film. It was a famous house owned by generations of the same family and when it was being built the owner had in the main entrance a roman pillar put there. It is now protected, and very beautiful. Another bonus is that I am allowed to smoke in this one.
As I left Lisbon I noticed that there was a cyclone in a town I am going to. It will one of the last ones i see (the bullfighting town). I hope they get all that shit cleaned up before I get there. My last night in Lisbon was very scary. It was like the cyclone was right on top of me. I don't think I have ever heard or seen wind like it. The bus trip to Evora was nice as well. Lots of white houses scattered everywhere. Went to the Evora public library also today. Very nice.
Will post a message when i getto Portalegre.
hope you are all well. Love Tony
3 comments:
Glad you saw the bones place. Was it spookey??
Hi Tone
Glad the cyclone hasn't got you. Nothing like experiencing the whole country weather and all. I had a peek at some picture of Evora,what a beautiful place. Don think I wouldn't have went in the Chapel of bones though, looks very creepy. What a bummer with your camera, best chase up another one.
I thought you must have given the smokes away... Keep up the good reporting, I am enjoying your trip too.Take Care Linda
You have seen some amazing things Tony - glad it wasn't a real terrorist threat. With all the libraries you are visiting, you will be able to call it a "study tour". Take care J.
Post a Comment