Welcome

Hi everyone. Well here we go. As you all know - this has been my dream holiday for a long time now. I hope you enjoy this trip as well. I hope to see the "real" Portugal and share this with you all.

I will try to update you regularly on where I am and what I have seen. I will also give you a brief history of places I see. I am also going to try to speak Portuguese as much as possible. Mas só falo um pouco de português.


I am on a mission to discover the essence of Portugal. Portugal's history - both glorious and sometimes not so glorious - has fascinated me for years. I hope you find this trip informative and fun.


Just a short note to acknowledge that this trip is a result of the passing of my mother, and she will be remembered throughout this adventure.

My first stop is Lisbon (Lisboa).

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Porto - Douro


This is me in front of one the oldest azulejus (hand-painted tiles) in Portugal. It is taken at the famous St. Bento Train Station. It is on the travel DVD I have at home on Portugal and is a must-see. I took many shots and have it all recorded on the camcorder. There are times when you just have to ask a stranger to take a pic for you.

It is graduation week here in Portugal and the University students are partying everywhere. I could not get home last night by bus as all streets were closed. And just my luck there was no film left in both cameras and both battereis were flat. Never mind. Seen university people partying before.

No comments: