Welcome

Hi everyone. Well here we go. As you all know - this has been my dream holiday for a long time now. I hope you enjoy this trip as well. I hope to see the "real" Portugal and share this with you all.

I will try to update you regularly on where I am and what I have seen. I will also give you a brief history of places I see. I am also going to try to speak Portuguese as much as possible. Mas só falo um pouco de português.


I am on a mission to discover the essence of Portugal. Portugal's history - both glorious and sometimes not so glorious - has fascinated me for years. I hope you find this trip informative and fun.


Just a short note to acknowledge that this trip is a result of the passing of my mother, and she will be remembered throughout this adventure.

My first stop is Lisbon (Lisboa).

Friday, May 9, 2008

Contacting me


Hi all. I am now in Lisbon and loving it. Last night i did a pub crawl by myself hehe. It is unbeleivable here. It is like a maze of bars and restaurants. There are people everywhere. Locals and tourists all get along just fine. I got offered hash so many times. They are not drug pushers like we are use to seeing on TV etc. Again, after hearing i am australian, we talk. So i got quite drunk. I am writing this with a hangover.
My sister Carmel has informed me that no-one is able to write to me, but i am now getting mail through my hotmail account. Please write to me at
tonyo67@hotmail.com
So it is my last week now. I am in a tiny little room this time with toilet and shower. It is only 20 euros a night and I am happy with it. I am expecting to pay excess baggage when i return and i have already sent 20 kilos of stuff home. I have bought some beautiful things. Today i am going to book some nice trips on buses etc. Not interested in doing too much walking any more. So do I have to bring the coffee home with me? Thanks Enzo, but Nescafe just doesn't do it any more hehe. Even just a little African brand please. OK- that's all for now. Love to you all.

No comments: